Equine Chiropractic Care
When you think of chiropractic care, you assume it is primarily for treating conditions affecting the human musculoskeletal system. However, studies show that chiropractic care has remarkable benefits for horses’ health, especially in equine performance horse care. Horses need exercise to keep them active and improve their well-being. A performance horse should be in top-notch condition and needs specialty performance care. Your horse’s musculoskeletal system must be flexible and in good condition for training to be effective.
Musculoskeletal conditions in horses can exhibit several symptoms that our veterinarian at Full Circle Equine can address. The most common signs include:
- Facial expressions – Showing signs of pain while riding
- Changes in movement, shorter strides, difficulty on one lead
- Awkward posture
- Resistance to specific movements
- Irregular gaits
- Resisting touch (especially if this is unusual for them)
- Noticeable discomfort when being saddled
Benefits of Regular Equine Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care for horses involves an integrated approach to diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal issues and their impact on overall health and performance.
Here are the primary reasons why regular equine chiropractic care is so beneficial:
- Alignment and Balance: Like humans, horses can suffer misalignments in their spine, pelvis, and limbs. The misalignments can lead to poor balance, decreased range of motion, and reduced performance potential. Our equine chiropractic adjustments can restore proper alignment, helping your horse move more freely.
- Pain Management: Performance horses are prone to muscle tension and discomfort due to rigorous training regimens. Chiropractic care can alleviate pain and discomfort, resulting in a happier, more comfortable horse.
- Prevention and Maintenance: Regular chiropractic adjustments can catch issues before they become significant problems. This proactive approach to equine health can extend a horse’s performance’s competitive years and prevent long-term damage for all horses.
- Enhanced Performance: A well-aligned spine and musculoskeletal system can directly translate into improved performance. Your horse will move with greater ease, power, and precision, giving it a competitive edge if it is a performance horse.
- Communication: Equine chiropractic care also allows for better communication between the nervous system and the rest of the body. Better communication can improve the horse’s responsiveness to cues and aids from the rider.
Why Full Circle Equine for Your Horse’s Chiropractic Care?
Full Circle Equine is different from your average equine chiropractor. Dr. Elaine Haw is an accomplished AQHA competitor and understands movement medicine. We are a reputable name in equine care. Our team stays updated with the latest advancements in equine care to ensure your horse receives the most effective and innovative treatments available. We do not just treat the symptoms; we find and address the root cause. Like most horse owners, our love and passion for horses are deep. Therefore, you can trust that we are committed to the health and well-being of every horse we treat.
chiropractic, chiropractic care, chiropractic vet, equine care, equine chiropractic, equine chiropractic care, equine vet, equine vet near me, equine veterinarian near me, equine wellness, equine wellness practice, equine wellness treatments, Full Circle, Full Circle Equine, Full Circle Vet, horse care, vet, vet near me, veterinarian, veterinarian near me, wellness for horses