Adjunctive Therapies and Diagnostics
Dr. Elaine Haw is our veterinary chiropractor at Full Circle Equine specializing in Equine chiropractic and saddle fitting.
Equine chiropractic is a component of equine health care that focuses on the relationship between structure of the spine and function of nervous system/spinal cord and how that relationship affects preservation of health.
For example, reduced mobility between two vertebrae of the spine can affect the nerves that leave the spinal cord between these vertebrae. Alteration to these nerves can cause issues such as pain and abnormal posture and movement.
Equine chiropractic care may help:
- Chronic musculoskeletal problems, especially of the neck and back
- Acute problems such as tension or stiffness
- Prophylactic treatment to maintain fitness/performance level
- Soundness in elderly horses
- Dental issues due to jaw malalignment
- Enhance performance ability
- Adjunctive therapy for neurological issues such as EPM
- Saddle fit problems
Chiropractic treatment certainly does not replace traditional veterinary medicine; however, it can provide an additional method of diagnosis and treatment for many musculoskeletal disorders.